Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
User Accounts: Information Collected
Upon registering an account, the following information is collected: e-mail address, username, and password. The user can optionally edit their profile to include their location, which will be displayed on their profile. We also store the dates of registration, and the IP address that you registered with, in order to prevent abuse by spammers and bots.
Your Email Address and Personal Information
We won't spam you or sell your email:
We follow the rules of the CAN-SPAM act, and will not be sending you very many emails. We may email you on occasion, with information regarding important changes to your account or large updates to the site of which you are a member (as covered under "transactional or relationship content").
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Like millions of other websites on the net, our site uses Google Analytics to track visitors:
A little bit of legalese:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Online User-Submitted Content Disclaimer
Our website users submit text content, hot sauce information, and photos
Reviews, opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by HotSauceFever.com, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. HotSauceFever.com does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Service and neither does HotSauceFever.com adopt nor endorse, nor is HotSauceFever.com responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than HotSauceFever.com. HotSauceFever.com takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends over the Service. Under no circumstances will HotSauceFever.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
Regarding Photos, Copyright, and Fair Use
If you are submitting a photo, do not send one that you do not have the copyright to (send a photo that you took yourself). Photos that are sent to us may be displayed on the site or used in other images for the site. Please contact us if you believe a user-submitted photo is in violation of copyright, and we can have it removed. Our photos should all be original submissions or appropriately attributed through a creative commons or other license. We retain the right to display photos of products under the terms of Fair Use 17 U.S.C. § 107 for the purposes of criticism, comment, scholarship, and research.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on HotSauceFever.com's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on HotSauceFever.com's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by HotSauceFever.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on HotSauceFever.com's web site are provided "as is". HotSauceFever.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, HotSauceFever.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall HotSauceFever.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on HotSauceFever.com's Internet site, even if HotSauceFever.com or a HotSauceFever.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on HotSauceFever.com's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. HotSauceFever.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. HotSauceFever.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. HotSauceFever.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
If an entry in our hot sauce database is incorrect, please contact us with the correction.
HotSauceFever.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by HotSauceFever.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to HotSauceFever.com's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.